Statement on COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Masks Requested in Indoors Spaces at PDA 2021
In light of the latest CDC guidance relating to the Delta variant and specific instructions from the Resort at Squaw Creek, we request that all PDA 2021 participants and guests who are fully vaccinated wear masks or face coverings in hotel indoor public areas, including the spaces where our meeting will be held.
For those unvaccinated participants, the hotel requires that masks or face coverings be worn in indoor public areas as well as outdoors where social distancing is not feasible.
Scientific sessions will be appropriately distanced and social activities will be held outdoors.
We will also extend additonal safety protocols as outlined in our original COVID plan provided below.
Updated August 11, 2021
PDA 2021 will be a meeting, offering attendees the option to participate in person or virtually through an online platform. For our in person attendees, PDA is committed to holding a safe, productive and successful meeting. We will be implementing safety protocols recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as federal, state, and local health authorities. All protocols in place will be communicated to attendees in advance of the meeting and strictly enforced throughout.
Here are some of the ways we will ensure attendee safety:
- All attendees, speakers and exhibitors as well as spouses, children, and guests will be required to be fully vaccinated by August 1, 2021 OR obtain a negative COVID test 3-5 days before traveling to Lake Tahoe
- All participants will be required to wear masks
- Scientific sessions will be social distanced with attendance limits determined by gathering guidelines
- Social activities will be held outdoors
- Hand sanitizing stations will be provided
- Meeting rooms and restrooms will be sanitized frequently
Please note that these protocols are not final and subject to change depending on further guidance from the CDC and federal, state, and local health authorities.
Updated April 7, 2021