Statement on COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Following discussions with PDA leadership, input from a recent member survey, along with California state and county guidelines and anticipated continued progress towards mitigating the effects of COVID-19, PDA intends to move forward with an in-person meeting this summer.
PDA 2021 will be a meeting, offering attendees the option to participate in person or virtually through an online platform. For our in person attendees, PDA is committed to holding a safe, productive and successful meeting. We will be implementing safety protocols recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as federal, state, and local health authorities. All protocols in place will be communicated to attendees in advance of the meeting and strictly enforced throughout.
Here are some of the ways we will ensure attendee safety:
- All attendees, speakers and exhibitors as well as spouses, children, and guests will be required to be fully vaccinated by August 1, 2021 OR obtain a negative COVID test 3-5 days before traveling to Lake Tahoe
- All participants will be required to wear masks
- Scientific sessions will be social distanced with attendance limits determined by gathering guidelines
- Social activities will be held outdoors
- Hand sanitizing stations will be provided
- Meeting rooms and restrooms will be sanitized frequently
Please note that these protocols are not final and subject to change depending on further guidance from the CDC and federal, state, and local health authorities.
Updated April 7, 2021